Thursday, May 14, 2015

Living the Dream!

I am WAY behind in documenting where I've been and my impressions.  Slacker...

Back in March (2015), my drinking buddy and I decided it was time to explore tap rooms in our area.  She had been to City Star in Berthoud, CO a couple times and really enjoyed the freshness of the beers.  She especially liked the 'Red Necktar', a hoppy American red ale.  So, it was time to explore tap rooms closer to home!

Our first choice, base purely on how quickly we could get there, was 'Living the Dream Brewing Company'.  (12305 Dumont Way, Unit A, Littleton, CO 80125)

Living the Dream is a small tap room with very basic tables/chairs.  The tap tenders were very attentive, friendly, and willing to talk about the different brews on tap.   The brewery was promoting a ski bus trip, and they had setup a work bench to wax customer skis!  All these items helped the place seem very local.

We ordered the full sampler setup.  I wish I could remember what was on the tray...   :(  So, I'll have to give our general impressions.  Our samples varied from light ale to full stout.  The brews were well balanced for us.  My buddy isn't too fond of very malty brews and prefers good hop flavor and aroma.  I like those also, but I can enjoy a malty brew if it has decent bitter balance.

So, we will definitely go back to see what is new, and write better notes for the future.

The food truck was an excellent burger maker.  I had a spicy burger that was wonderful.  Lots of flavor, not too juicy but definitely not dry. Want more!

Staff: attentive, friendly, helpful
Atmosphere: very local and low key
Overall brew impression: wonderful
Dog friendly: yup
Food: I wish I could eat more burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment