Last week I went to the monthly meet-n-greet for Rocky Mountain Overland, a group that combines a few of my other interests: camping, off-roading, and amateur radio. Every month they hold a meet-n-greet at Odyssey Beerwerks (5535 W 56 Ave, Ste 107, Arvada, CO 80002) for 'members' to actually see each other.
Previously my buddy and I had tried the Hot Shot at Colorado Plus, so I was looking forward to bringing home a growler. But, no such luck... They were out of Hop Shot. So sad, drinking buddy...
While at Odyssey, I had the Clan Warrior Scotch Ale (8oz). I will definitely order this brew again. Really good scotch ale for sitting and visiting. Smooth, rich, malty.
Instead of bringing home some Hop Shot, I selected the Ghost Drifter Pale Ale. It is a nice mild session ale with fresh hop flavor. However, it doesn't seem to be filtered, so it caused my drinking buddy's allergies to kick in. Bad for her, good for me. I finished the growler over the next 4 or 5 days, and each time I enjoyed the Ghost Drifter more.
Odyssey Beerwerks has a rotating food truck schedule. I was very tempted to order some of the guacamole offerings, or get one of the many burritos, but I was already too full. Other people in the group did order food and they were enthusiastic about it. Next time I won't eat before I go to the meet-n-greet.
Staff: Nice, but slightly preoccupied with conversation
Atmosphere: Casual taproom. Mix of long tables and short tables.
Overall brew impression: Great beers.
Dog friendly: Yup
Food: ?? I didn't eat. Next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment